Can ooths be stored??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugCatcher

Reaction score
New to the hobby and trying to find information on wether or not ooths can be stored at cooler temps and up to how long? Getting my first Blonde Ghost in 2weeks so excited!!

Yes, you can. Put them in the refrigerator until late spring to early summer, then take them out to hatch.

Yes, you can. Put them in the refrigerator until late spring to early summer, then take them out to hatch.
This is really bad advice, the only species mentioned in the post is ghost. There are a few species that can be diapaused but please don't tell people this as if it were a general rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the ooth is ghost! I thought he was just mentioning he was getting ghost nymphs. Ghost ooths shouldn't be stored. I thought you had a T. Sinensis ooth or a M. Religiosa ooth.

Oh the ooth is ghost! I thought he was just mentioning he was getting ghost nymphs. Ghost ooths shouldn't be stored. I thought you had a T. Sinensis ooth or a M. Religiosa ooth.
Since the only species he mentioned was Ghost, it is best not to assume such a thing.

Bugcatcher, please introduce yourself in the Introductions forum.

Latest posts