Canabelisem!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pictures Rick. It's amazing how their colours can vary so much in the wild. My Chinese are brown :( . It must be to do with exposure to natural light. Let's not get started on that topic though lol.

Good pictures Rick. It's amazing how their colours can vary so much in the wild. My Chinese are brown :( . It must be to do with exposure to natural light. Let's not get started on that topic though lol.
They come in brown and green both in the wild and in captivity. I do find more green ones around here though.

Here is the adult female I found eating another adult female. The abdomen of the dead one had the ooth foam on it. Nearby was a small, just started ooth. I think she was laying her ooth and got caught by the other one.
mantids488.jpg

mantids494.jpg
I can't see these pics? I wonder if it's just my computer? I want to see if my Chinese is in fact female... It shed to adult yesterday - it is mostly brown with a little green tinge in the wings. I found another mantis in the yard, much smaller and yellowish-pale color, I am assuming this one was male since it is smaller...? I tried to count the segments, but it's not very clear on either mantis.