Canadian Fruit Flies

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flightless fruit flies are indeed crazy hard to find in canada. Your best bet to try to get some in the future so you can start you own colonies and never have to buy them ever again (this is what i did) is to check reptile shows/forums/fackbook groups for your area.

Surely someone somewhere in the reptile community has dart frogs or hatchlings that require ffs and can point you in the right direction. 

Meanwhile i would say pinheads should work.

Are you unable to just leave fruit outside somewhere in your yard to rot and get a colony going that way?

@Teamonger Nice find! Just wanted to let you know that @gp724 hasn’t been on the forum for over a year ?. Hopefully this could help other Canadians though.

@Connor lol I had not looked at the time stamps just that there was a new message and a Canadian in trouble! Having fought those battles I had to leap i to action :p

Now Im wishing I could get bean weevils as a back up hehe

@Teamonger  Happy Season .......  I saw the thread and thought the same till i looked at the time stamp ,  haven't seen him in a while.  Yes winter is a challenge to ship any thing , it is surprizing what drosophila came survive........ S

Latest posts