Canadian Mantis Breeders?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c0rtanablue

Reaction score
Having such a difficult time finding anyone or anything in Canada when it comes to the exotic species. I've asked people on reddit, twitter, instagram. 
I live in Toronto and there used to be some reptile stores that would have them, as well as breeders but it hasn't been looking too good over the last few years. I know Canada has super strict laws against exotic insects but theres gotta be someone out here who has them lol
Any suggestions would be amazing. 
I wanted to post in the classifieds section, but it seems I cant yet.

Welcome to the lonely life of being a mantis lover in Canada. I know a few of us are trying just as hard as you but hitting nothing by pit falls every way we turn. I personally managed to get a few exotic ooths then a heating/electrical fault in my house along with some honest stupidity fried them both. Heart breaking. 

I wish you the best of luck and if I ever find anyone I'll be sure to keep you in mind and send you the info. Keep me in mind as well if you would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same goes my way, if I manage to find any sources for exotic species I'll be sure to let you all know! :)  

I have some ghosts I am incubating but I have little hope they are viable after their long winter travels. There will be explosions of glee and instant posts if they do happen to hatch. Everyone cross your fingers for me they are 6 weeks in now.

Don't give up just yet.

Try increasing the humidity very high and put a heat lamp on wet papertowl.

Never spray ooth directly

I'm still misting them twice daily (winter is dry here) and the room is always warm so while I'm losing hope I'm not giving up quiet yet.

Has anyone have trouble shipping from another country? :\\ I honestly want to make the best trip for the mantis, I don't want to risk the possibility of the package being confiscated, is it better to stay within Canada?

Latest posts