Carpenter bee male, anyone?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some research on these guys and they forage like normal bees and get the nectar and such...but as far as colony construction, there was barely anything...anybody have any more info on them?
Are you interested in some for beekeeping? For all I've seen in the side of my house, the pairs are solitary nesters that make their nests near other bees. If you get them, they may infest the wood in/around your house by making nests in it. They can be pretty aggressive when you're near their nests as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes They Drill In My Fence All The Time But I Feed Them To My Mantids When I See them

My popa female eats them fine. All my mantids eat all sorta of food with stingers, even big spiders. It really doesn't seem to bother them at all.

jrh,

The males hover so wildly and erratic - how do you catch them? Females do land, but I don't want to mess with them (until they start boring into my house).
I catch them so easily. They seem to be drugged from my red bud tree, plus they find each other and tackle each other to the ground. They're easy. I use a deli cup and just let them fly into it.

Latest posts