caught in the act

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachmaster

Reaction score
Ooohhhhhhhh you got caught! This is Henry and Mrs Henry, and I caught them both in my back yard. They have been in little kritter cages from walmart next to each other for about a week, and honestly, I was afraid of mating them. (From some of the horror stories, mostly I didn't want him to be eaten before doing his job) well, I put him in my ten gallon tank first, let him walk around, then I put her in.

she shot at him like a bullet from a gun... and i was worried. They came face to face, rubbed and wrestled with their front pinchers a bit (uneducated term for their front lets), and i thought for sure she would eat him...

Then she just let him hop into her and they got right to it! Idk if I am breaking forum rules by saying it, but it looked like there was some sexual tension there that had been building.

I am so relieved and happy... but now its time to prep for ooth and baby care I guess. I just wanted to ensure I could continue in the hobby for free, and hopefully boost the population of mantises specifically around my house.

IMG_20130916_145919_zps25c9fe6a.jpg

Latest posts