Cave crickets

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmdn

Reaction score
I've have cave crickets in my basement. Does anyone know if these guy would be a good food source? I've been in this house for about three years, and I don't use any kinds of poisons. I did however by accident post this on another thread, so please ignore that one. Thanks.

I've have cave crickets in my basement. Does anyone know if these guy would be a good food source? I've been in this house for about three years, and I don't use any kinds of poisons. I did however by accident post this on another thread, so please ignore that one. Thanks.
I never heard of them, what do they look like? Do they make the cricket noise?

They look a lot like "normal" crickets but they have much larger back legs, and tend to jump real high. I just gave a small one to my young giant asian and he ate him up with no problem. Any changes and I'll post it.

Wonderful food source and you're lucky to have a ready supply. Serve em up!

Most of them are a little too large for my mantid as they are still nymphs. But when I find the small ones it's on! My parents get them in their basement also, I'll ask to see if they use pestisides. Thanks for the imput.

HUH ! went to the link and not really sure if happy I have no basement or not, looks like a good food source, but I am afraid, I would have to put the mantis in the basement to catch their own food. :( Now that I said that, I think if I had a basement my hubby would make me have them all down there and I would never see daylight again :angry: , yes, I am sure of it. He would probably lock me in there :blink: . And I would get nothing done, the last time I had a basement it had snakes in it. I would make the kids go downstairs with me and hold a clothes basket over my head so the snakes would not fall on me, the boys never asked about could they fall on them, so they were on their own, hummmm what were we talking about....... <_< :rolleyes:

HUH ! went to the link and not really sure if happy I have no basement or not, looks like a good food source, but I am afraid, I would have to put the mantis in the basement to catch their own food. :( Now that I said that, I think if I had a basement my hubby would make me have them all down there and I would never see daylight again :angry: , yes, I am sure of it. He would probably lock me in there :blink: . And I would get nothing done, the last time I had a basement it had snakes in it. I would make the kids go downstairs with me and hold a clothes basket over my head so the snakes would not fall on me, the boys never asked about could they fall on them, so they were on their own, hummmm what were we talking about....... <_< :rolleyes:
Omg, Rebecca... thanks for the laugh today, I needed it!

*still giggling, imagining Rebecca with the clothes basket on her head avoiding the snakes... and the boys on their own... hahaha!!* :lol:

:rolleyes: I cannot believe I dreamed about these crickets, I was stuck in a supermarket overnight (don't know why) and the crickets were all over, there was a big one about 3 " long and I was trying to catch it for my mantis and every time I tried to put a lid over it, it turned into a frog :angry: !

:rolleyes: I cannot believe I dreamed about these crickets, I was stuck in a supermarket overnight (don't know why) and the crickets were all over, there was a big one about 3 " long and I was trying to catch it for my mantis and every time I tried to put a lid over it, it turned into a frog :angry: !
Now i can see where bug films and stuff come from! =P jk :p

:D Must be my week for crickets!!! I had to make a 2' sign for the delivery guys this week, I have a big one on the door to "please ring bell or deliver to back shop because the insects cannot be left in the cold" and they just dont seem to see it, so I made a big one that I put on the ground with some rocks on it where they always set the boxes hoping they would not leave the crickets out there, it worked! Happy to say. Just too bad one must make big sign for CRICKETS!

Finely got a pic of one. You can see they are not part frogs. :p Hope this works, if not I'll get my girl friend to do it.

There is Nothing "normal" about that 2" long 4" long-legged freak monster of nature!!!!!! :angry: My goodness if I saw that blind thing jump at me my first reaction would be" somebody Shoot IT!!!!" :angry: All bark and no bite... yeah, Right!!! It doesn't have to have bite!!! It will make you hurt yourself just trying to get out of it's way!!!! :huh: No way, I'd introduce that huge monster to my mantids or maybe one of my larger more powerful wide arms...yeah...a wide arm would probably take it out quick-like!!!!! :ph34r:

Latest posts