centipedes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infinity

Reaction score
Following up ellroy's topic... anyone kept these?! I've found some reasonably cheap ones but I know they're virtually impossible to sex... Any advice, suggestions, tips etc..?

Centipedes are pretty impressive, especially the big ones but they are very quick and deliver a very nasty bite! I don't keep anything that can move faster than me!

...and to follow up... I just got some new scholopedra 'robusta' gigantea!!! - These things are known to grow up to a foot long and are the ones you always see in pictures eating mice (which i believe there's a link to somewhere) - and like the cobalt blue T's... scares the heck outta you when they come running - even the 3 inchers...

just to also follow up. Scolopendra Spec. Gigantea robusta!!!!! DAMM how much did you pay?! DAMM how many did you get?! could i have pictures?

I have a bunch of centipedes. love the guys. Yup sexing is hard but we have found some good info. Well if anyone here has any i would love to know what you got! here is my list:

Male.Female.Unkown

1.1.3 Scolopendra Alternans

0.0.3 Scolopendra cingulata

1.2.4 Scolopendra Subspinipes (Dehanni)

0.0.5 Scolopendra Subspinipes (mutilans)

0.0.2 Scolopendra Subspnipes (Vanuata)

I got 7... but one escaped - trust me, won't be making that mistake again :oops: - I'll find it one day under the floor boards in a few years as a foot long beast :D

WOW 7 u must be broke as heck man. hope u breed them sucessfully(if u want to that is).

Latest posts