chaco golden knee preparing to molt against the side of container

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just feed more o.o at one point I had to feed my s. viridis nymphs every day to prevent them from eating each other. The second they are hungry they are all cannibalistic.

Just feed more o.o at one point I had to feed my s. viridis nymphs every day to prevent them from eating each other. The second they are hungry they are all cannibalistic.
I couldn't feed him/her, he was upside down, getting ready to molt. I was wondering if molting against of the side of the container would be okay or not. Turned out to be fine. Molted successfully, hardening up now.

My chaco Plush molted today up against the container as well, and all's well. He had molted in a burrow during his 3rd or 4th molt and was fine. As long as they aren't disturbed they will be fine.

My chaco Plush molted today up against the container as well, and all's well. He had molted in a burrow during his 3rd or 4th molt and was fine. As long as they aren't disturbed they will be fine.
oh cool you have a tarantula of the grammostola genus (or would it be genera in this sentence) too? mine is well too, no problems what so ever, i realize they arent that sensitive, i thought if a leg was against the container it might damage it but it turned out to be fine, i guess tarantulas know what theyre doing after all. it was the first molt with me so i got a bit anxious just because i never had a tarantula before. now i realize theres really not much to worry about.