Chico, my new pet bird

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
Meet Chico. ( he is a Pyrrhura Frontalis.) He came home last saturday.

He is handfed so he is used to humans and can be out of his cage. Hubby gave Chico a mini tree where he sits on like you can see in pic. I hope this guy will be a long time with me. He is  still young and has a lot to learn.

chico-in-zijn-boom-klein.jpg

Beautiful maroon belly conure, as he gets older his colours will get a big stronger too. Pyrrhura conures are brilliant pets. Does he talk yet?

I love conures, very funny little creatures. I have three parakeets, also hand raised and very friendly(except the yellow one, Charlotte, who I rescued from a neglect situation poor thing-much better now though) ☺ good luck on your journey with him!

1122201744b~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i use to have a pet cockatiel (sunny) however some pesky cockatoos came and managed to open his cage (for the seeds in the cage). He could fly and the poor thing got scared and flew away ); He was captive bred and could not survive in the wild.

@TheWrongCrowd:  are those 3 birds in pic yours? they look cute

@Mantidfinatic13long ago i had a pet cockatiel too, it flew away, couln't find his way home. I just had moved to a new home. The bird was really tame. I could do everything with it.
yeah thanks, I'm sorry to hear about your cockatiel, he sounds like he was real precious. 

video time: Chico drinking cola. Somehow he needs water with taste. He throws even in his water food to give it taste, but can look gross.

Latest posts