chinese female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
One of my chinese females molted to what I think L5 about 4to 5 days ago,and still seems to be green the bottum of her abdomen is yellow.She also seems to be afraid of food.I just put her in an enclosure where there is more ventilation.My question s could she still not be eating due to her molt.Thought about putting her back in the wild,but she's a fine specimen.Any ideas?

Chinese mantids can be green. :) I wish that at least one of mine turned out green. I had a green girl that stayed green to subadult, but turned an orange/brown after her final molt. :huh:

I have had some mantids that wouldn't eat for days at a time, and they were just fine, even though I worried about them. :rolleyes:

Maybe she just needs a little more time, or something different?

Try giving her something different to eat, if she doesn't already get a variety of prey. What do you usually feed to her?

If you leave prey in with her all day, try removing it and leaving her alone where she doesn't feel watched by any other creatures,(including humans). :lol: Then try feeding her the next day.

These are a couple of things that have worked for me. ;)

Sounds like good advice I feed her: BBfs,moths,small butterflies,apon thinking,I have an adult linolia that showed the same symptoms. thought he was dead so I put him in the trash.A couple of days later I found him sitting on a cup that had an adult ghost in it.Someone been spraying?

I guess what I meant by being green,she still had that look coming right out of a molt.I increased a air flow through her enclosure,but her and her sister are still not eating.They wre eating heavily before they molted.I tried force feeding,and they run from the food.Wait and see ,never seen a chinese that did'nt like to eat.

Latest posts