chinese molt

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
I was'nt quite sure where to put this posting since it isn't a health issue.Overnight one of my chinese molted,and he is huge compared to before.He is not the size of adult male,but he has wings that go past the tip of his abdomen.Could anyone tell me at what instar male mantids molt with wings this long,it just seems too early in the season.We did have a very warm spring,sexed one today that had 5 rings so I guess shes a female

I was'nt quite sure where to put this posting since it isn't a health issue.Overnight one of my chinese molted,and he is huge compared to before.He is not the size of adult male,but he has wings that go past the tip of his abdomen.Could anyone tell me at what instar male mantids molt with wings this long,it just seems too early in the season.We did have a very warm spring,sexed one today that had 5 rings so I guess shes a female
He is an adult now and will not moult anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is an adult because it has wings. Maybe he's just small. Well, congrats if u have a female, so they can breed

Gotta wait and hope one molts soon,it just seems so early in the season,they all came from locations very close to each other,thanks guys for the help,if i do get a breeding i'll put the ooth in the fridge for a week or so.Any body wants any it's free of charge

Latest posts