Choeradodis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Dane

Reaction score
I absolutely love this species, but I've never seen them for sale here. I've seen some forums in the U.K., but not the U.S....

Does anyone have this species or maybe even breed it? I would love to have this mantis. Any Choeradodis.

my favorites, though, are Stalii and Strumaria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choeradodis are very difficult to breed. They have been brought into the hobby many times and most cultures die off pretty quickly. They are tricky because they need really high humidity, but still a lot of ventilation and even with that many die unexpectedly. If the humidity drops under a certain percent they will all drop dead. On facebook you can see a lot more of the species that are bred, but Choeradodis is only kept by very few people and not even through one generation yet. Many times even if the female mates in captivity the ooths will be infertile so it is hard to keep generations going especially with one pair. All three Choeradodis ooths I have had (one was mated in captivity) were infertile. The females have more molts than the males, so the males must be slowed down but many times when the females are sped or the males are slowed the change kills them. Another thing is that the different species have different care because they are found in very different conditions. The generally highland sp from higher elevations (Choeradodis columbica, Choeradodis stalii, Highland C rhombicollis) are harder to keep and the lowaland( C rhomboidea, and lowland C rhombicollis) are easier. Because of all those things and more Choeradodis is difficult to have in culture, but many people who find a way to keep them well say they are pretty easy after that. I have searched for over 5 years, but I have had extremely bad luck getting them its like a curse haha. I have traveled twice to try and find them, but on my recent trip I only found males. I have a lot more info on them so feel free to DM me if you have questions.

Latest posts