Chromosomes!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Y.A.! Now, did you notice the column that said "sex chromosome mechanism in the male"? It was XO instead of the familiar XY. Does that suggest diploidy or haploidy to you (easy one!) and what is the mechanism used to explain the loss of the Y chromosome (much harder. It has the word "fusion" in it)?

Enjoy :D

haha that's awesome. If you want a second explanation send me a private message on what you are stuck on, I'll help you understand it if I can.

Sounds good mate, I'm studying it at uni so a bit of revision for high school, first and second year stuff would be nice.

ok lol when i take AP bio in 2 years i will harass, i mean, umm, ask u abt the stuff :)
Im in AP Biology this year genetics are wonderful, you'll learn more about mitosis/miosis and the genome than you'll have ever dreamed. (and much much more)... For AP Bio I've been wanting to do a research paper on mantids, but dont know what to do it on... :/

Im in AP Biology this year genetics are wonderful, you'll learn more about mitosis/miosis and the genome than you'll have ever dreamed. (and much much more)... For AP Bio I've been wanting to do a research paper on mantids, but dont know what to do it on... :/
use a practical species

i would obtain sphodromantis or something and rear groups of nymphs in different conditions and measure mortality rate

use something easy, fast growing, and with low mortality ;)

Latest posts