Closing down usamantis.com

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since my last update on www.usamantis.com. Almost 4 years to be exact. It was a website i created for sharing mantis breeding experience back in 2007 with updates on mantis breeding progress. I have left the website idle and wonder if it is still any good. For me, this forum contains and provides far better information with experience contributed by all members here. Also since my site is not a business site (No ad), It is costing me more every year to keep the site on. I will cancel the site but will announce it two weeks before the closing date so anyone interested in keeping any information still able to copy it before it is out. Thank you.

Sad to hear that Yen. I've accessed your site many times over the years. 

im sad to here this I use your website for mantis related things almost every week

Yen, if I get a new species, I check your website to see if you have had experience with the species. I'm sad to hear your are going to close it, but I understand!  

Would it be worth taking some of the information and copying to here?
I'd be in favor of that, if anyone wants to take the time, and with Yen's permission of course.  I've been all up and down the site, and I think I've gotten what I need from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked your site many times Yen... Thank you so much for leaving it up for all of us to use... It was deeply appreciated... Many times..

Thanks

Glad it was helpful. Please copy whatever information that seems useful for anyone, that's the reason it is on the internet, to share what I learned and experienced from keeping different species of mantids.

It is like reading a diary for me when I look back at what i wrote, which is still fun for me. This forum inspired me to have my own site, to promote this hobby and better inform mantis hobbyists on everything about mantis. Over the years, this forum has improved a lot and accumulated far more comprehensive data then my site. It is time I rest my long idle site once and for all as I haven't put more information on it for years.

Sorry to hear, Yen. I have screen shot all the info on there. Thank you for the heads up. The site has been a trusted and true means of mantis info nd I will miss it. Thank you for compiling such needed and informative experiences with rearing and breeding the praying mantis.

Sorry to hear that! Ive been using your website quite often recently so I will be copying and pasting all the info from it! Thanks :)  for letting us know!!!!

Latest posts