Communal Bug Enclosure Advice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWrongCrowd

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on a project that will take a lot of research and time before it is executed. I have 5 gallon tank that I would like to create a communal enclosure with eventually. I am not looking to have it aquatic anymore and would be more than delighted to raise different kinds of invertebrates in. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. 

~The Wrong Crowd

If you flip it on its side (assuming it is a rectangular shape) you can turn it into a stick insect enclosure! Best to keep smaller species tho and make sure to attach some tissue paper up top for them to moult propetly!

I have a pair of crowned stickies and they make awsome pets. In us you guys have a larger variety too! If u have any questions there is a seperate topic for walking sticks!

p.s they r pathogenic so you can receive the offspring without needing a male!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love stick bugs, I had two aussie ones for a while, I was wondering more about roaches but it would be cool to have stickies again. As for dementions, its about 24" in length, 12.5" in width as well as height

Last edited by a moderator:
If you flip it on its side (assuming it is a rectangular shape) you can turn it into a stick insect enclosure! Best to keep smaller species tho and make sure to attach some tissue paper up top for them to moult propetly!

I have a pair of crowned stickies and they make awsome pets. In us you guys have a larger variety too! If u have any questions there is a seperate topic for walking sticks!

p.s they r pathogenic so you can receive the offspring without needing a male!
Great suggestion, but non native phasmids are sadly illegal.

Latest posts