Communal

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardo

Reaction score
how long are the Statilia nemoralis communal for? Anyone know? What's the non scientific name for this species?

how big do they get?

I was thinking of ordering some from frey but would like some more information on the species first, she says they can live together. Anyone know much about the species?

I don't know much about them, but I believe they will eat each other once nearing adult, and adult, the spcies in general are pretty food aggressive.

I've kept them together right up to adulthood but their enclosure always had feeders in it. There were instances of aggressiveness towards each other but damage was minimal due to the fact that they were constantly well-fed. Keep them separate if you can't constantly put feeders in their enclosure and if you intend to breed.

how long are the Statilia nemoralis communal for? Anyone know? What's the non scientific name for this species?

how big do they get?

I was thinking of ordering some from frey but would like some more information on the species first, she says they can live together. Anyone know much about the species?
I'm not sure that there is one, so you can have the honor of making one up. Statilia might men "worthy of standing" and "nemoralis" definitely means "of a woodland grove", so I guess that you call them Daphne's mantis, but the females won't want to mate if you do (roars of laughter from the classical language geeks).

Should I admit to laughing at your joke, Phil?

I'm not so sure geek is flattering. <_<

On a side note, I don't know about the question(s) since I'm not familiar with that species.

Liz

Should I admit to laughing at your joke, Phil?

I'm not so sure geek is flattering. <_<

On a side note, I don't know about the question(s) since I'm not familiar with that species.

Liz
A good question, Liz. When Sunny was dating a geek/nerd I got her several books by girls which tell other girls how to handle them, but no one seems to agree on an exact definition (Now she is dating a baker, so I lent her Hertzberg's Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day).

I suggest that you laugh in private and feel superior.

Are we getting off topic, yet? :D

Latest posts