Congratulations! Your Manti has evolved to Mantislash!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many congrats! It looks like she had a perfect molt too so I bet your really happy. :D

Yes I am! I made sure I was giving her water every day about 4 days before her molt and put her in a very secluded place and left her alone except for feeding. She turned red overnight by the way! She's my little princess! The pic isn't working right now on my phone. I'll add one today sometime when I get back on my computer. 

Very nice, and her coloring sounds interesting. Do you plan on breeding her later on? She'll be ready in a few weeks, just be sure that she is a female before getting a male (as I can't tell in the photos, but guessing by what I can see in the 2nd photo she is female). ;)

Oh yes she is a female. I'm sure. Her abdomen is SO wide and she for sure has six plates. She was sexed before she was sent to me as well. I got them from MantisMonarch. I don't plan on breeding her because I'm just not ready for something like that. Plus I don't think my girlfriend would let me lol. I hope she turns even more red in the next 2 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright good, I just mentioned it in case you got a male and found out later, as I've seen it happen before. ;) I don't blame you, breeding, incubating ooths, and raising lots of nymphs can be a chore (but worth it).

Ah lol, yeah our loved ones usually say no, in time you should be able to get away with more; after all, slowly doing more in the hobby gets you further along till they say stop. At the moment I finally got away with keeping pet jumping spiders (Salticidae) a forbidden pet even just a few months ago, my wife says they are cute, but no bigger spiders for sure. Still no on cockroaches for feeders though, and I doubt that will change in time (no change in 2 years and countless insect related activities). :D

Indeed her coloring should darken some as she fully hardens, some do more so than others of course. She looks at ease and tamed running around on your couch. Has she attempted to fly yet? If so just turn off any ceiling fans when shes on the loose. :)

No but she has stretched her wings a few times and it's so pretty when she does! Yeah I find that when I'm 'herding' my girls, I like to walk a fine line of harassment and scaring them lol. I need to get them to move but I don't want to freak them out. XD I already got my girlfriend to tentatively agree on 3-4 mantises in the future when just a month ago I was told no more than 2. I would love to get more right now. I don't think she would be very happy though. I'll try to get 2 after rowena passes and 2 more when eidolon goes.

I thought I'd ask, as most females don't fly, but with yours she looks like she could if she wanted to. Your right about that and is the way it is if they are loose, in time though many learn and should be easier to herd (as long as they are ready to go that is).

Great to hear you are able to slowly increase your pets. Seems the small increase trick works good, at least until they had enough. ;) Best of luck, and sounds like you got it figured out.

Latest posts