consecutive ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelthan

Reaction score
the female Phasmomantis sumichastri that I mated with my male made an ooth last friday , when could she make another one? and how many fertile ooths could she produce with a single mating?

the female Phasmomantis sumichastri that I mated with my male made an ooth last friday , when could she make another one? and how many fertile ooths could she produce with a single mating?
My guess would be every female is different, even within a species. The more places she has to lay them, the more she may lay, but I am just theorizing here.

Wayne

They usually lay more than one, am not famaliar with the one u r talking about, but she should, and they would all then be fertile, more mating more to hatch, but once if good will be enough.

Like she said. She will lay one in a few weeks probably. COuld be sooner, could be later. I generally mate them again after three ooths but all ooths after the first mating should be fertile.

There are many variables and differences between species and individuals but she'll probably make a new eggcase every 2-3 weeks and only the first three will have high hatch rates.