Containers

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidmomma

Reaction score
Can someone share where the cheapest place to purchase the 32 ounce containers, cloth lids, and wire lids?  I have ordered from a couple or sites, but am assuming that there is a wholesale connection?

Thank you!

LLLReptile.com and TSKsupply.com have 32oz cups in bulk but they only have fabric lids, no screen wire lids.

ReptileSupplyCo.com  has bulk 32oz cups and fabric lids, plastic waffle lids and lids with tiny punched holes but no wire lids.

SuperiorShippingSupplies.com has lots of different sized cups in bulk including 8 oz, 12oz, 16 oz, 24 oz, 32 oz, 38 oz and 48 oz as well as both fabric and wire lids.

For an adult mantis, yes. The main concern would be prey escaping such as fruit flies but larger prey such as houseflies and bluebottle flies won't fit thru the plastic grid.

What species will you be keeping in them? What instar?

- MantisGirl13

These sound like the perfect containers for those nymphs. I house mine in cheap Dollar Tree leftover containers that I can get for four for a dollar. I cut a hole in the lid, hot- glue toole over the hole, decorate it, and it becomes the perfect enclosure for any young mantis. 

- MantisGirl

Justo santidad to share a couple stores that have good containers. BoxBox, The Container Store, Amac, and IKEA.

Justo santidad to share a couple stores that have good containers. BoxBox, The Container Store, Amac, and IKEA.
IKEA has Deli cups?!? I need to get some next time I am there!

- MantisGirl13

If I don't need more than a few at a time, I just politely ask the deli counter in the grocery store if I can buy some empty 32oz containers. I've never had to buy one yet, they have always just given them to me. 

For larger mantids I buy the large cheese puff containers from Walmart. 

Josh's Frogs sells the 32oz containers with fabric lids. I am not sure how it compares to your price or how many you need, but they sell 500-packs for $149.99. 

Whoops. I was talking about containers in general. Not deli cups specifically. Sorry I didn't clarify before.

Whoops. I was talking about containers in general. Not deli cups specifically. Sorry I didn't clarify before.
Ok, thanks for clarifying! IKEA has lots of containers, I know that!

- MantisGirl13