cost aside.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won the battle and got the room all to myself. Here are my mantids and I also have three turtles. All of those tanks are divided and contain multiple mantids. Of course I have thousands of feeder insects as well.

animals411.jpg

animals409.jpg

Now show us where you keep the "rest" of the mantises. Don't feal afraid, where do you keep the sick mantises. In an old tennis ball container, of gallon jug.

I doubt he keeps sick mantids in an old tennis ball container... thats kind of harsh.

Those probably are all of his mantids right now. Nice setup, too. :D

When I said that the gallon jugs were too small, I meant for larger nymphs and adults.

Thanks,

Andrew

I wasnt trying to insult anybody... I was just saying that keeping a sick mantis in a tennis ball container seemed a little harsh, thats all.

Thanks,

Andrew

So what if Rick and I keep sick mantises in tennis ball containers, I keep the healthy ones in tennis ball containers. They love the height, and I only keep small mantises. I don't see what is so harsh? :?

I don't have any sick mantids. :lol: I have 18 mantids right now. Divided up into those tanks.

I cant see ANY of those images :( And i tried copying the address to the toolbar, Photobucket said they were unavailible.

Could someone try re-posting them?

Or send them to me? [email protected]

I might be setting up a heated shed soon for my mantis...although i have only 2 grandis at the moment i think i've been bitten by the bug (no-pun intended).

I cant see ANY of those images :( And i tried copying the address to the toolbar, Photobucket said they were unavailible. Could someone try re-posting them?

Or send them to me? [email protected]

I might be setting up a heated shed soon for my mantis...although i have only 2 grandis at the moment i think i've been bitten by the bug (no-pun intended).
If you are talking about my pics you can't see them because I have taken them down. This thread is kinda old so the pics have since been removed from my photobucket page.

Yeah, I keep all of my mantids in small containers, they love it, and I am sure if they heard anybody intsult their containers, they would fly over to you, and kill you. Nice one micromantis, I totally agree, and good argument adds a bit of excitement, but I don't really see one brewing! :D Na, but seriously, a lot of mantids are better to keep in coffe jars or small containers such as tennis ball containers, as they only need to scent a small area, and feel more secure. Also, if they are kept in large tanks, then they have a tendency to fly, and break thier neck on the side of my tank. I have my creobroters thriving in cricket tubs, chuck a few pieces of silk plant in, and they will be fine.

Cheers,

Ian

Latest posts