Costa Rica Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantiseater

Reaction score
I recently took a trip to Osa Peninsula Costa Rica. Here are some of the mantids that I saw while I was there.

Choeradodis rhombicollis

IMG_20170520_184709_084.jpgchoeradodis osa.jpg

Angela sp.

angela osa.jpg

Angela nymph.jpg

Stagmomantis theophila

stagmomantis theophila nymph.jpgstagmomantis theophila.jpg

20170423_175659(1).jpg

Stagmomantis theophila and unkown Stagmomantis

stagmomantis osa peninsula.jpg

Liturgusa sp.

liturgusa nymph.jpg

Acontista sp.

Acontista male.jpg

:eek:  That's amazing! You're so lucky! **envy overload**

Seems like you had fun there. Those are some gorgeous mantises! The Angela sp. looks totally like a stick in the second photo! I would never have guessed it was a mantis! And of course, the Choeradodis is stunning, as they always are!

Thanks for the great photos!

Those are amazing mantises! Great pictures! And so many different amazing species! :D Did you find the mantises in the wild yourself?

I love the Choeradodis rhombicollis mantises they are so interesting looking.

Those are amazing mantises! Great pictures! And so many different amazing species! :D Did you find the mantises in the wild yourself?

I love the Choeradodis rhombicollis mantises they are so interesting looking.
Yes I found these mantids myself. The choeradodis were by far my best find and my dream mantis.

Nice. See any ooths? Beautiful pictures.  Had wondered if there we any mantis there. Another destination for my bucket list?
I did not find any ooths, but the two stagmomantis layed ooths while I was there.

Latest posts