Creobroter gemmatus

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelthan

Reaction score
Hi I just recived my first ooths, they are from Creobroter gemmatus, they came in a really small plastic cup, I have peat moss and coconut fiber should I hydratate the fiber and put it as as substrate ? one of my ooths was not pasted,or get loose in the shiping, should I paste it with silicon gun?

this mesh and pined tap are ok?

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

they look fine,. if the moisture does not dry up within a few hours, then it may need more ventalitation, u can cut a hole in lid and replace with some pantyhose material or some sheer cloth or screening, and use a nontoxic fish tank silicone if u dont have a little glue!

they look fine,. if the moisture does not dry up within a few hours, then it may need more ventalitation, u can cut a hole in lid and replace with some pantyhose material or some sheer cloth or screening, and use a nontoxic fish tank silicone if u dont have a little glue!
what about the substrate is it ok? or I should put no substrate? hot pistol gun silicone is ok?

You will probably be fine just the way it is. Mist every other day lightly. I use a hot glue gun to attach ooths. Use a tiny drop and let it cool for a few seconds before sticking on.

I wouldn't add "substrate" to the cup for ooth hatching. If you want you could either leave nothing in there, or put a few small wisps of very loose excelsior or raffia in the bottom half for the nymphs to climb and sit on. Just make sure to leave plenty of room for them to hang down from the exuvia strings when hatching (leave the upper half of the cup bare). I sometimes cut out paper towel circles to fit in the bottom of the cup, to absorb and hold moisture when misting and not leave any puddles. Good luck on the hatching! :)

I wouldn't add "substrate" to the cup for ooth hatching. If you want you could either leave nothing in there, or put a few small wisps of very loose excelsior or raffia in the bottom half for the nymphs to climb and sit on. Just make sure to leave plenty of room for them to hang down from the exuvia strings when hatching (leave the upper half of the cup bare). I sometimes cut out paper towel circles to fit in the bottom of the cup, to absorb and hold moisture when misting and not leave any puddles. Good luck on the hatching! :)
Oh thanks :)