Creobroter gemmatus

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zelthan

Reaction score
Hi Im happy to introduce you my newly hatch creobroters!!

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

DSC02686.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

they are 69 and hatched today!!

David, glad to see both oothecae I sent have hatched well for you. I can see you have separated them to ensure 0% cannibalism. Best of luck.

Feeding and watering them is a reall head ache, how do you feed nymphs? I loose many flies or put too many for a single nyph all times

Last edited by a moderator:
y sure got a loota babies! I keep them together until the 3 or 4 molt, they dont eat each other unless really hungry until then, they just like to jump around at each other.

how cute! these kinda look like the orchids when they first hatch! do all spiky eyed flower mantids look like that as nymphs?

I`ve separated them alredy lol:)

I only know this sp what species do yo keep superfreak'

Feeding and watering them is a reall head ache, how do you feed nymphs? I loose many flies or put too many for a single nyph all times
I can see why you wouldn't want yr babies to eat each other, but you've found the problem of feeding one 1st instar nymph per pot! If you keep them all together in a larger enclosure, like a butterfly cube, with some excelsior or raffia so that they can establish their own turf, there will be little canibalism, as Hibiscusmile says (and she's an Expert!), and you can put a covered fruitfly container in the cube and then take the lid off to let out a "lot" :p

It also makes misting easier (do you really need to mist?), just a few spritzes in the cube and you're done.

And here's the best part. In the evening, when you're supposed to be playing video games, chatting on the Internet or watching TV, you can sit with the cube on your knee and watch all those mantids at once! Very, very cool!

Later, when the number drops to a more manageable level (and it will, together or separated) you could put them back in their own pots.

Just a thought!

I can see why you wouldn't want yr babies to eat each other, but you've found the problem of feeding one 1st instar nymph per pot! If you keep them all together in a larger enclosure, like a butterfly cube, with some excelsior or raffia so that they can establish their own turf, there will be little canibalism, as Hibiscusmile says (and she's an Expert!), and you can put a covered fruitfly container in the cube and then take the lid off to let out a "lot" :p It also makes misting easier (do you really need to mist?), just a few spritzes in the cube and you're done.

And here's the best part. In the evening, when you're supposed to be playing video games, chatting on the Internet or watching TV, you can sit with the cube on your knee and watch all those mantids at once! Very, very cool!

Later, when the number drops to a more manageable level (and it will, together or separated) you could put them back in their own pots.

Just a thought!
Just a great interpretation I would have done that If I read the post in time, many will die by natural causes?