Creobroter Housing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uuhhhhmmmm....okaayy....thanks?

Im not hopeless by the way. If all you need is a tank, a bunch of branches and a few misting at room temperature and food..then that would be easy. Plus I have alot of stuff that it doesnt nessecerally need, but I think it would help.

Like setting peat moss for the ground covering to provide humidity.

And a tank instead of a jar.

uuhhhhmmmm....okaayy....thanks?Im not hopeless by the way. If all you need is a tank, a bunch of branches and a few misting at room temperature and food..then that would be easy. Plus I have alot of stuff that it doesnt nessecerally need, but I think it would help.

Like setting peat moss for the ground covering to provide humidity.

And a tank instead of a jar.
Nobody is saying you are inadequate, but their are many ways mantids can die, even if you treat them perfectly.

what i think Asa is saying is that the mantis might die from something other than bad housing, such as being an idiot and molting close to the ground or being constipated...

bacteria anyone?

sparky basicly loads of mantids die for seeminly no reason thats why i never buy just one mantis, admittedly creos have a much lower mortality rate than other sp, so this will be less of a problem, dont go over board with the spraying-keep it simple and you will be fine...like you said- its easy :D

so mine will die?Im confused :?
I'm just saying it's a possibility. Some mantids are very stupid, and molt very close to the ground. Eventually they will die, all things do. Some species of mantids can live up to two years! But your species are not as longlived.

woah, 2 years? What kind of mantis can live that long?

Oh and just in case I don't get the mantis of my dreams I'm wondering

what kind of mantids they sell at nurseries.

Green Chinese perhaps?

Green Chinese??

They usually sell Chinese and European.

I had a Chinese mantid that lived for two years, however it is highly unusual.

Green Chinese??They usually sell Chinese and European.

Yea, I meant Green Chinese Mantid right?

By the way did you breed that mantis? I heard that mantids live longer

when they don't mate.

Green Chinese??They usually sell Chinese and European.

Yea, I meant Green Chinese Mantid right?

By the way did you breed that mantis? I heard that mantids live longer

when they don't mate.
Chinese are green or brown according to their humidity and temperature.

The only reason I can see that being mated would make a difference, would be if the female ate the male. But, no, I did not mate the mantid.

cool, I wouldn't stop them from breeding though. I'm sure every living thing wants to breed. . .right?

I'm getting more and more anxious as the day goes by. I never seen or

held a mantis in my whole life. :) This is gonna be so coolio.

I haven't got the money to buy one because my parents think if kids are to hold money they will learn how to waste it and when i asked my mom to buy a mantis for me she said "This is exactly what im talking about. You don't need things like this." :?

They dont let me buy things online either due to concern of safety and scamming.

If I can't get one now I'll go back to Dallas when im 18 and catch myself a mantis 8) I hope this is going to be a very fun experience :wink:

Latest posts