creobroter L2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantidsandgeckos

Reaction score
I found alot of pinheads in my scorpions cage.I tried feeding them to my L2 creobroter elongata but it is afraid of the pinheads.They are just about the size of the mantis head.Why is it so scared of pinheads? :eek: It would eat fruitflies.The pinheads were smaller than the fruitflies it would eat! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant mimcry? Dislike for terrestrial insects? Wussy mantids? Not sure. My Snakes had the same problem with cockroach hatchlings when they were younger. Can't go wrong with Drosophila.

It shouldn't be, has it molted recently? Quite full looking? It maybe just about to molt they tend to stop eating before a molt. Does it take fruit flys?

As James said, it could just be a wuss :lol: .

Ignore the facetious suggestions above! It could be that your Creobroter elongata just prefers flies. Try painting a pinhead black and attach a pair of tiny wings cut out of cellophane (you can use a cigarette pack cover if you smoke) with a dab of superglue. Perhaps you could send us pix of the results?

Ignore the facetious suggestions above! It could be that your Creobroter elongata just prefers flies. Try painting a pinhead black and attach a pair of tiny wings cut out of cellophane (you can use a cigarette pack cover if you smoke) with a dab of superglue. Perhaps you could send us pix of the results?
I agree with Phil. Make sure the paint has high concentrations of lead & mercury in it, and the superglue is industrial strength. It'll work a charm... :lol: Actually, you might want to spray the pinhead with flyspray to make it easier to prepare for your mantids. ;)

If they are appropriate sized and not too big (which I wouldn't think, considering your description of size and "pinheads"), I'd either leave them in with him until he gets hungry enough to try one... or remove them/him and try again in a day or two (when he's hungrier). Maybe he's just unfamiliar with them and needs a few hunger pangs to get him more interested and not afraid. ;)

Or.... :eek: has he been watching the movie "Hellraiser" by chance? :lol: Ok... sorry... but ↑↑↑↑↑ THEY ↑↑↑↑↑ started it!!!!

It was a few days after it shed, but it has started eating the pinheads already :D I found it too hard to put wings onto the crickets... :( annoying things kept hopping everywhere :angry:

Latest posts