Crickets Chewing Ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowChild

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so i bought a dozen large crickets for my 2 adult female carolina and 1 of them died over night (im guessing becaus its fall and it laid several ooths already )

and i wake up in the morning to see 2 crickets chewing on 1 of the ooths on the lid , it looks like they chewed a bit from the outside , will the eggs be ok and still hatch? also the other ooth fell so i had to find a way to get it back up and i acicdently dropped a plastic container on it and 1 of the ooth's side is sorta flat, will it be alright?

also my last adult i caught she was throwing up while hanging upside down and she eats her own throw up, is she dying? ( she only ate 3-5 crickets and none today)

Should be fine. Even if damaged the undamaged part should still hatch. Crickets should be put into isolation for a few days and fed high quality food before feeding to the mantids.

The ooth should still hatch just fine. I cant say the same for your dying female though. The reason she is eating her throw up is because she is dehydrated from puking. You need to clean her cage out and give her some water. It's probally to late anyway. Next time you buy crickets you should not feed them to your mantids right away. Most pet stores don't take care of them properly. Feed them leafy greens, cat food, fish flakes, grains. These foods will help keep your crickets and your mantids healthy.

Latest posts