Crickets Help!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crickets can be vicious. I used to raise crickets and I'd put a knocked out green bottle fly in there. The cricket would grab it and run off with it because other crickets also wanted a bite.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, bad cricks!
blink.gif

I wouldn't feed it roaches or flies they carry worms. I would stay with crickets, it was just a fluke what happened.

Crickets can also carry worms, I have seen a video of a huge one emerging from a crickets abdomen. Mantids can also carry the same kind, I think its called a horsehair worm. I would still feed crickets to my mantid, if they are well cared for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crickets are disgusting little creatures, but, if you give them a little something to chew on, like chopping up a fresh baby carrot and throwing it in there, they tend not to go for mantids or cannibalize. I think they're gross and I don't want to feed them to my Chinese, but I have to until I can get some other kind of feeder insect colony going. Sorry you had one become their prey
sad.gif