Criminal Minds

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criminal minds is awesome. I like real forensic shows as well. A good medic friend has worked for the state coroners office for a long time and my ride alongs have been very interesting and educational.

It's cool the mantis is featured but I don't like that it's in connection with the crazy killer lol. Someone rescue that mantis so they don't get bad press from ignorant watchers *grin

I know,when I saw it I thought, oh great now people will think it is psycho to have mantids lol..... Plus I didn't like it eating the snake, I guess they got that clip off of YouTube, cause I have seen that clip before somewhere.....

Yeah. That bothered me too. I would love to see mantises more in main stream but perhaps more of a positive light. Tv writers and producers often don't understand their topics thoroughly but I can't really pick on them solely because I know I can always keep learning about so much more :)

The mantises reappeared in tonight's episode.

They were more clearly visible - they used the same species. I'm curious what species it was, but it definitely wasn't Tenodera sinensis. They were all females - one was brown, the rest were green. They had fairly broad abdomens and full sized wings. There was a part where mantises came out of the girl's mouth, those were definitely CGI. They were different, less realistic (but still convincing).

I could tell they used some real mantises for the scene though, because one shot shows a mantis on the girl's shoulder flailing her arms when she touches her hair. Another shot shows that same mantis in a slightly different position on her shoulder licking its raptorial claw. The other mantises - one on her head, one above her left breast, were clinging to her in a way that I think even the best CGI artist couldn't quite get right. The fourth mantis was on her left shoulder.

Latest posts