Cross Breeding Mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what if it was female orchid and male ghost... Well, that's actually a way bigger size comparison... But it might work better. This would be impossible but it would be cool if somebody bred a walking stick and a mantis.

What you're thinking of does not work with breeding, it's simply not possible in any natural way. It would require human intervention through the use of genetic modification.
It's like trying to breed a human with a rhesus monkey.

What you're thinking of does not work with breeding, it's simply not possible in any natural way. It would require human intervention through the use of genetic modification.

It's like trying to breed a human with a rhesus monkey.
Exactly. It is clear some of you don't understand why this simply cannot work. The physical compatibility of the genitalia is just one of many issues here.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it actually hurts the breed of mantids you want to keep pure stock if your cross breeding sp your in the hobby for all the wrong reasons and its been done with basically creos and psudocreobroter but then you have two sp of not pure stock to eaches own I'm totally against it 100% , but there your insects not mine ! And there is absolutely nonspecial way to do it so I have no idea what that means ! And breeding a ghost to an orchid for example will not work at all !

Like not to name anyone but 2 years ago someone bred a Davidsoni male To a female orchid and nothing worked out ! But again to eaches own !

This makes me think of something I read years ago. You can breed a cotton tail rabbit with a european wild rabbit. The embryos divide afew times then die. It just doesn't work.

Latest posts