Cryptic ooth hatch and Green ghost molts to adult

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinehCaveman

Reaction score
Hey all, I woke up to two surprises today. First I was checking on my ghosts and said what is that! Oh she molted to adult. She came out fine except her wings, although fully formed with out any defects, are curled length wise, like cinnamon sticks but with a much looser curl. Second I found that a cryptic ooth had hatched out. There are 15 hatchlings at the moment. The ooth was laid on 10-10, hatched 5 weeks and 2 days after.

I'm unable to post pictures. so I will create a photobucket account and link pics later

Two more ghost girls are due to molt, one is green, and my only ghost male is due as well. Can't wait to see his colors, right now he's dark brown with tan/ orange markings.

Due to some insomnia last night I have one thing left to say " Ahh, what's in the box?"

Congrats post pics when you get your photobucket, also how were you incubating those?

Last edited by a moderator:
incubated in 32oz delis loosely packed with excelsior, with about an inch and half clearance to the lid, misted the cup with warm water every three days ,and kept them out of direct sun light. and presto change-o metamorphosis, first stage anyway.

Latest posts