Cryptics Mating

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first female layed her forth ooth yesterday. Thats about every 6 days!

I also mated my second female yesterday, I wasn't sure the male connected until I saw this a few minutes ago...

(Hastily shot photos)

Ejecting the spermatophor

crypticspermatopho1-23-13D70002_zpsaf13676d.jpg

My flash went off while she was trying to wipe it off on the glass.

crypticbrightspermatopho1-23-13D70003_zps2a4b6f7c.jpg

Good luck with the ooths and congrats on the successful matings! Let me know if you have an extra ooth or spare nymphs you'd like to unload. :)

Congrats dude. I wish mine would hatch already. They may end up being duds. I was looking forward to them too.
Mine never hatched either. Did your Bleph? At this point I would still incubate them but there is a good chance they won't hatch. I cut mine open and it was completely dried up and brown (dud).

Mine never hatched either. Did your Bleph? At this point I would still incubate them but there is a good chance they won't hatch. I cut mine open and it was completely dried up and brown (dud).
My mendica haven't hatched yet either. I talked to niko and he said he's had some really long incubation periods for sybillas. Its been a month since I got them, so if they haven't hatched in a week or two they're duds too.

Right before I took my GF to work this morning I finally got to witness an ooth being laid...

cryptichatch2-15-13D70007_zps0b41483d.jpg

This is #7 from this girl.

Once i got back home I saw what I've really been waiting for!

cryptichatch2-15-13D70011_zpsabc1daad.jpg

cryptichatch2-15-13D70010_zpsf4259ee1.jpg

cryptichatch2-15-13D70009_zpsbf5391c8.jpg

Before anyone asks, I was worried I would damage such a tiny ooth if I ripped it off the mesh so I just made a makeshift incubator around them.

:D

A couple days ago I mated female #3, as I left for work I saw she started laying her first ooth. I just checked on her and she was just finishing her second ooth!?! I know the first one is a little small, but it still looks like a full ooth.

CAM00356_zps511432c7.jpg

:clap: Congrats with all the success you have had with these guys Bri! Those make-shift incubators are a great idea! :D

Cheers,

Andrew