D.lobata - Ridiculous Ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score

BLAST OFF!

Dlobataooth_9382-sm.jpg

Never saw one this long and thin. By the end she had a foot on the ooth. Took over 4 hours to build.

Posing with her precious...

Dlobataooth_9391-sm.jpg

Dlobataooth_9390-sm.jpg

I've seen the comparison of fertile lobata ooths and infertile....the fertile are much smoother.....not as bumpy/layer-y...but she might b fertile and that's just her ooth...but regardless, that's a huge OOTH! ....usually when its a smaller ooth the females' protective stance is being all up on it....this one, she's gunna need some extra protection.... (ooth insurance?)

In my experience most of what I have seen not hatch was due more to husbandry "care" not the size, shape or color of the ooth.

What have you been feeding her? that ooth is amazing!
Mostly fairies gut-loaded with pixie dust and coated with powdered unicorn horn.

When I saw that first photo I heard the sound of canned whipped cream spraying out... :rolleyes:
Hahahaha!

In my experience most of what I have seen not hatch was due more to husbandry "care" not the size, shape or color of the ooth.
I would agree. And regardless of fertile or not I have never had an ooth rot on me. Prime indicator of poor care.

Well either way good luck with it. There needs to be more captive breeding success than there is now. Your definitely doing something right.

So THAT is where I'm going wrong, I have to get my hands on some fairies! :D

Very nice ooth, and that last photo is just precious!
Fairies r easy to obtain but the larvae r hard to rearThey feast on the flesh of slow moving mammals

The slowest mammals around here live in a nursing home so i just put a rearing sleeve over one after its had its sleeping pills, toss in some fairy eggs, and in like 4 days the fairy adults r hanging off the skeleton drying the wings :devil: and the people who work there dont even notice :p

And be sure to use powdered rainbow unicorn horn, since their horns keep growing back ;)