Dallas Texas Mantis fan

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Hello, I am John and I am 29 years of age and I hail from Big D in Texas. On Apr. 14, 2007 I purchased my first T sinensis praying mantis egg ( Chinese I believe ) from http://www.livemantis.com/ . I picked it up from the post office the on Apr. 21, 2007. Set up a habitat and been waiting since.

I am very excited about becoming a mantid owner. I think now that I am involved i will continue to raise them for some time so long as this experience goes at least somewhat decently.

I am very active online and read these forums multiple times a day. Look forward to getting to know you all.

At this point in time I am playing the waiting game. Sarah, the owner of the site where I purchased my ooth, has told me any day now. I'm biting my nails, I hate waiting so much :p

I have followed all the instructions to a T. So I guess we will see in due time. I'll be sure to post pictures soon.

As promised here are the pics so far.

Ooth.jpg

MantidHome.jpg

Welcome. You are going to have some problems with that container unless you did something about the large holes in the lid. Chinese nymphs are pretty small but the fruit flies they need to eat are very small and will escape...

I got flightless fruitflies, and are you saying the baby mantids will be able to escape?

And thanks for the warm welcome.

Well the last thing you want is hundreds of tiny nymphs running around the house. I left an ooth out months ago and am still finding little mantis corpses.

Tell me about it lol. My first 3 mantid eggs hatched in the box one night and my mom, brother, and my dad were killing them because they were on the walls. They never told me until the next day. They said they only killed a few.

wwo glad i got the stuff i did this morning.....I'll post pics when I'm done rigging it.

Ok I aded the nesh and hotglued it ALL to the lid so I can remove it and not have to remove the mesh...I even cut an area open so I can drop stuff in through the flip lid

The temp is a steady 72-74 degrees even though we keep the apartment at 70 24/7.

What do you think?

newrig.jpg

Latest posts