Dang it! Bad molt for one idolo going to L3

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schloaty

Reaction score
Rats! My second idolo (first one molted just fine) to molt to L3 got stuck in its old skin.

It didn't fall, as they seem to do when older, but the skin didn't come off correctly, and the legs are all messed up....one is missing, two are bent. I can't tell if the raptor legs work or not.

So what gives? I even mist them sometimes, even though you're supposed to have to do this.

I guess some mantids mis-molt even in perfect conditions....which I'm sure mine aren't, but they can't be THAT bad.

Two more L2's to go...holding my breath.

I'm sorry for your Mantis, that sucks. I wish I had an answer for you but I have no experience with that breed. I wish you the best and hopefully your others will turn out fine.

-Kevin

I misted mine daily. I had no issues until the very last molt when three of four fell.

Hey Rick,

I've started doing that, too....maybe they technically don't NEED it, but I guess it can't hurt, right?

We'll see what happens...the other two L2's aren't eating...I guess that means it's almost time for them, too.

Latest posts