Dead leaf mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sperich

Reaction score
I bought two dead leaf mantis a couple months ago and one is not molting. The other one is on a normal molting schedule and is much bigger. They have identical tanks. Same size, same temp (80 degrees and drops to 70 at night) and same humidity. Somewhere between 50-70%. It seems healthy, active and eats on a regular basis. They have a leaf litter floor with fake vines. I left plenty of room for molting at the top. Just wondering if there's something I can do or if there's something I'm doing wrong? Thanks

There’s nothing to worry about! I’ve had mantids go really long times without molting. In fact, I currently have 4 subadult Ghost mantids, and they haven’t molted in over a month and a half! I was worried at first, but then I realized that they have their own agenda, and follow their own plans. 

As long as you’re feeding it, and keeping its temp/humidity right, you have nothing to worry about. Some just take longer than others. 

If their enclosures are identical in design and environment and the mantis appears healthy, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)   

Are they of the same sex? 

If they are different ages there will be time in between the molts. What Instar are they?

- MantisGirl13

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what sex they are. One was a little bigger then the other when I got them. They were very small tho.