(Dead) Male M. Binotata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starving Always

Reaction score
ive never felt so heavy ever before. he has been with me for only 2 days. he started losing grip, then fell. it was like a mismolt. he doesnt deserve this at all. it was so random and sudden. :'(

image1.JPG

If you only had him two days chances are this had to do with the shipment or something going on pre-shipment not something you might have done. It is possible someone sent you an old male. This might also be a sign he was packaged for shipment poorly. If you are dealing with someone reputable though and the mantises looked well packaged then it could very well be the stresses of travel were too much for him. A lot of people ship extra mantises with orders because even with the best packaging some mantises just don't handle travel well. If he was the only boy you recieved, you might want to bring up the issue with the person you ordered from.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Sadly shipping can be a issue for many reasons such as packaging, weather, distance/time, the mantids traveling ability, rough shipment handling, and more. Hopefully when you get another mantid you won't have a problem like this. Best wishes.

ah man that sucks! I have had lots of mantis and some do just die randomly, but this sounds like bad shipping or care from the previous owner. Loose grip is an often sign of lack of energy which will be from lack of food. His abdomen does not look 'fat' either so too me it looks like he wasn't fed enough previously.

If you only had him two days chances are this had to do with the shipment or something going on pre-shipment not something you might have done. It is possible someone sent you an old male. This might also be a sign he was packaged for shipment poorly. If you are dealing with someone reputable though and the mantises looked well packaged then it could very well be the stresses of travel were too much for him. A lot of people ship extra mantises with orders because even with the best packaging some mantises just don't handle travel well. If he was the only boy you recieved, you might want to bring up the issue with the person you ordered from.
Thanks so much for looking into this! Yes he was the only boy, and the seller, well.. he doesn't usually respond. he may be busy though. I had already posted positive feedback for him.

ah man that sucks! I have had lots of mantis and some do just die randomly, but this sounds like bad shipping or care from the previous owner. Loose grip is an often sign of lack of energy which will be from lack of food. His abdomen does not look 'fat' either so too me it looks like he wasn't fed enough previously.
After I received him, right away I put in FF. He grabbed them and he was hungry. The next few days, he didn't seem interested even though the FF were right next to his face. Thanks for the input though (-:

also forgot to mention: males of all mantids don't usually eat that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss. :(

Sadly shipping can be a issue for many reasons such as packaging, weather, distance/time, the mantids traveling ability, rough shipment handling, and more. Hopefully when you get another mantid you won't have a problem like this. Best wishes.
Thanks Cosby. You really are the kindest and most helpful.

Latest posts