Deroplatys desiccata : checking

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f.wattiez

Reaction score
Hello,

My female laid the ooth on July 11th!

Maintained 28/30° and in an moist environment has! I thought that it was going to hatch around on August 11th.

I tried to check if this ooth is fertilized!

Here photographs!

small piece ooth cut out

and :

:p

Bests regards, François!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I cut out the end of the ooth, to avoid damaging other eggs. On the other hand I was impatient, I do not say the opposite ^^'

But one month and two weeks with 30° that seems to me long, Arthropodia, centers French breeding gave me 5 weeks like time!

Bests regards, François!

I know how you feel. I become quite impatient as well when waiting for my ooths to hatch! :)

I hope you get a great hatch rate! :)

I have had D. Desiccata ooths take up to 3 months to hatch before... also you should leave that larvae on a peice of plastic or someting in the same container and he will still hatch out fine.

I thought I had an infertile ooth befoe and did the same thing and i had a few of thoes that sorta fell out lol... and i just left them there on a quater and when the ooth ended up hatching the 4-5 larvae i had sitting there were gone.. so I assumed they hatched and lived too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts