Deroplatys dessicata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specy

Reaction score
The nymphs from Ellroy molted last week, and guess what, I happened to catch one in the act with a camera, so here comes another molting sequence

dess2225.jpg

dess02227.jpg

dess2229.jpg

dess2230.jpg

dess2232.jpg

dess2234.jpg

dess2238.jpg

And this is some picture of the other nymph

dess2272.jpg

dess2270.jpg

dess2280.jpg

And the adults

Male:

dess2325.jpg

dess2326.jpg

Female

dess2320.jpg

dess2319.jpg

dess2323.jpg

my female from ellroy molted last week as well but male isn't hurry with molting and keeps eating:D

Thanks, I somehow am always lucky to have caught them molting....

Anyway I mated my adult Dessicata pair from Martin this Saturday, the male was staring at the female for hours before making a move, but they mated fine and stayed connected for like 20 hours!

dess2335.jpg

dess2336.jpg

Thanks for the comment. The funny thing is, the pair of nymphs that I got from Alan is of the opposite color: the male is light brown and the female is dark brown.

Anyway I was glad to find out that the female has just laid an ooth on Tuesday morning.

dess02362.jpg

Thanks all. There seems to be more people keeping these in the UK than it is in the States. I have been wanting to keep these when I was in Canada 2 years ago but Martin French seemed to be the only guy who had them at that time and he didn't ship overseas, so I am glad to be in the UK now and that I have access to them. Have to sell this ooth though as I am moving house soon and I don't want to move with a whole bunch of nymphs.

Caught another one molting today and I filmed it with my camera. Unfortunately my memory stick is quite small so I have to film it in different segments. Click on the images to view the videos

This captures the moment when it pulled out of its skin. If I knew the 'low resolution' mode is this bad I would not have used it....

P.S. Notice the screaming noise they make when they are molting!

Latest posts