Deroplatys lobata growth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxolotlsAreCoolToo

Reaction score
This is my first mantis species

and my first type to raise the male and female to adulthood from L1

I learned so much about mantids with these guys!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My cousins live in CT does that count :lol:

What conditions did you keep her in?
the blue hue is just funky lighting but i kept her in a medium critter keeper most of her molts but for the last one i put her in a big critter keeper with things glued to the top but now that she is done i put her back in the smaller house with plastic plants glued to the sides and i keep it very humid for her. she is still kinda drying and not her true color yet so ill prob post more pics another day

their last two molts are such a dramatic difference easily double in length and shield size. what is the normal size of adult female lobata because ive always had the feeling mine was bigger than normal.

One of my lobatas loom sorta like the blue tinted one, cept mine is more silver than blue...

Do your dead leaves try to kill you? My female truncata flicks and gives me the threat display as well as the evil eye
i havnt gotten any threat display yet but my female just molted yesterday so she is still getting acculamated to her new skin. do you have any ooth or nymphs?

Latest posts