Deroplatys lobata have mated!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful with the food, some think, it may cause egg bound. can't believe they mated, great! hey, when I first looked at the post, I only scrolled down a little while looking at the picture, so I did not get the part of the pic where your fingers were in it. All I saw was the skin and the mantis, at first glance it looked like a neck, shoulder & arm, first thought was my God, how old and how awful to be that wrinkled.....LOLOLOLOL

Careful with the food, some think, it may cause egg bound. can't believe they mated, great! hey, when I first looked at the post, I only scrolled down a little while looking at the picture, so I did not get the part of the pic where your fingers were in it. All I saw was the skin and the mantis, at first glance it looked like a neck, shoulder & arm, first thought was my God, how old and how awful to be that wrinkled.....LOLOLOLOL
Ive read that as well, i wont over do it, just feeding her a bit more to speed up the process ;-) LOOOL im only 22

Well Platysil laid her first ootheca November 26th. I read it takes 30-40 days for an ootheca of this species to hatch. It's been exactly 32 days now. Should be soon! It does indeed look close. Getting darker and drier (by drier I mean the ridges are more visible now, when the ootheca is fresh, the ridges aren't really as pronounced). And the color is less like white now and more like a light brown/tan color.

My buddy died a couple days ago... Derotor, the male who fertilized Platysil. Sad... I'm sadder about this death, I raised him from L2, it's a bit different than finding sub-adults and adults in the wild.

I won't forget the cute, innocent fella!

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor__cleaning_by_alexandersmantids-d87lq7x.jpg

So sorry for your loss... all of mine .. I have had since L2.. you do get attached to these guys.. Flutter free Derotor

Hoping your ooth hatches soon...

So sorry for your loss... all of mine .. I have had since L2.. you do get attached to these guys.. Flutter free Derotor

Hoping your ooth hatches soon...
Thank you, im just glad he had a good life, and im sure all yours do as well and will die happily

The ootheca hatched! Day 37. I've got about 40 nymphs. I'll post photos later! Man theyre adorable. I am selling btw, $5 every nymph.

Not sure how I missed this thread. Amazing look at the hatching process, and those are some awesome images of the baby nymphs on the adult.
thumbs-up2.gif

Not sure how I missed this thread. Amazing look at the hatching process, and those are some awesome images of the baby nymphs on the adult.
thumbs-up2.gif
Thanks! my pop has an iphone that can get up pretty close

Latest posts