Deroplatys lobata male (Derotor) reaches adulthood!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidBro

Reaction score
He reached adulthood a couple nights ago! I was surprised to find that he had his wings, I didn't expect him to be an adult until a couple more molts, not just one. So that means males have 6 molts. Platysil's (female D. lobata) wings make me feel that she has two molts to go yet. So I do believe that females have 2 more molts than males.

Well here's some photos of the little guy!

In his new set-up (I give them a better set-up once they become adults, because there will be no risk of mismolts):

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w054s.jpg

A very nice pronotum! And perfectly shapen wings!

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w09cx.jpg

He has some pink on his face!

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w096q.jpg

Isn't he regal?

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w06iw.jpg

Aw, nymph face even at adulthood:

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w065b.jpg

My favorite shot from this photo shoot!

adult_male_deroplatys_lobata__derotor_by_alexandersmantids-d7w07cx.jpg

Gorgeous!!

He's too awesome.

Thanks Aryia, wouldn't have him if it weren't for you!

Awesome pics! And nice mantis :)

Today, my first D. lobata male molted to adult, and I was pretty surprised when I noticed it was actually his final molt. I knew males molted two times less than females, but I had apparently lost track of the molts. About an hour later, the female started molting too, I guess she didn't want to be left behind. :)

Awesome pics! And nice mantis :)

Today, my first D. lobata male molted to adult, and I was pretty surprised when I noticed it was actually his final molt. I knew males molted two times less than females, but I had apparently lost track of the molts. About an hour later, the female started molting too, I guess she didn't want to be left behind. :)
Thanks!

Wow awesome! i was surprised too, i hadnt expected him to be 2 molts behind, but just 1. So when he had full wings i was pleasantly surptised!

Haha your female is subadult now then, or also an adult? My female is a presub.

Latest posts