Deroplatys lobata

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheus uk

Reaction score
Why the does it seem not many people keep these anymore?

Heres a couple of mine today, male and female nymph feeding on some blue bottles

Female

2765406295_434b4d90df.jpg

Male

2765114220_a40ecc70fd.jpg

2764268819_db3f7c18c0.jpg

I would love to have this species. If you plan on selling any ooths please let me know .

They have been in my top 5 most wanted!

It's not that no one wants them, it's that there are not enough of them, and whenever I keep them, there seem to be a shortage of males <_<

i've got a large female nymph and two males, they're an awesome species! as soon as i get the chance im going to get plenty of ooths out of them :p

My friend was going to get a Deroplatys ooth but it never came. He was going to give me some of the nymphs if there were too many.

Nice D. labata! I decided to drop my D. labata and D. dessicata after a few generations a while back, but now I miss them. :(

At least I have D. dessicata ooths incubating and I'll have D. truncata sub adults at the end of september. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa whoa whoa, im on holiday did i miss something? D.truncata is actually in culture?!

I think the reason people are less and less interested in such type of mantis is simple - they are a bit boring.

Latest posts