Deroplatys lobata?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
I am looking to get a new species of mantid. I have been looking at possibly a Deroplatys lobata. I need some advice though, since the only species of mantids that I actually have any experience with are Tenodera aridifolia and Mantis religiosa. My question is, would it be a big jump in care for them?

Yes. They would be a rather large jump for you. If you are not very experienced, and you get these you will have lots of troubles. I would suggest ghost mantids. They look a lot like dead leafs, but are very easy to keep.

Yes. They would be a rather large jump for you. If you are not very experienced, and you get these you will have lots of troubles. I would suggest ghost mantids. They look a lot like dead leafs, but are very easy to keep.
why do you think they're harder to keep?

D.lobata was the first mantis i bred :D

The first time i had them it went without a problem, second time...

Went down the crapper :unsure:

Thanks for the help :) I do love the way Phyllocrania paradoxa look, thhey were another possible species I was looking into. I steered away from them, for I gathered they were a bit more difficult than Deroplatys. So I shall go with Phyllocrania paradoxa then. Thank you again! :)