Deroplatys Truncata Breeding info needed

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankeeman1421

Reaction score
I've successfully bred multiple mantis species but this one seems to be quite a challenge. The male shows minimal interest in the female and when he does he does NOT take action at all. Both are about 5-5.5 weeks into adulthood. Also I have 2 more recently molted to adult female truncatas and a sub adult female who could adult anytime within the next 2 weeks so I need to either acquire more males and/or help this little guy get it together. Any advice helps! Thanks :)  being kept in seperate enclosures, temperatures are hovering around 78-82F and humidity is at about 70% 

We have this exact same problem!! Now all we have is a bunch of beautiful female cannibals lol!

I don't have experience with this species but I'd suggest you putting your pair in a big decorated net cage and placing a little fan near the box. Wind seems to help in mating Deroplatys. Males will not take action at all if you watch them constantly so feed the female as much as possible and leave them completely alone. I wish you the best luck ;)

Latest posts