Desert Mantis - Eremiaphila brunneri

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman

Reaction score
Good Morning Folks - is anyone out there working with Desert Mantis? I am interested in information on the enclosure set up, temperature, humdity and diet. Any and all help would be much appreciated :) Thanks much and have an awesome weekend...

Bill desert_mantis_saudi_arabia-245x300.jpg

If anyone has one of these and it dies I'd be interested in obtaining it for my collection.

Ive never seen one for sale but I would love to have one. They're so cute! I'm guessing keep at gongy temps and low RH in a low wide tank with sandy substrate and feed ground bugs like crix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got them from yen a few years back. Only had one. I still have the setup. I could go get some pics of it. The mantis molted and then died a few days later. I believe overeating can actually be a problem for this species. Not too sure on cause of death but i sure wasn't happy about it. I had it feeding on fruit flies all the way up til it died. The ooth of this species seems to be layed into the sand. They molt very much like crickets, standing on the ground and then pushing up and out of the old skin.

Latest posts