Disassembly required.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luc

Reaction score
This is a local mantis, found it at work. brought it home for a photo shoot then I left it by an open window, it stays there for a whole week.

Disassembly required.jpg

Great shot. You mentioned you left it by the window and it's stayed for a week, does it go out through the window or is there a screen? You got me wondering what is going on. :)

Great shot. You mentioned you left it by the window and it's stayed for a week, does it go out through the window or is there a screen? You got me wondering what is going on. :)
Thanks Cosby, The window and the screen was open, only close when I went to sleep. It went out a couple of time but came back in, never seen one doing that.

Even one day it took a flight inside and landed on me, so I went to work with it on my arm. I am a truck driver, it could got out anytime but no It came back home with me.

To this day I still wonder what happened.

Thanks Cosby, The window and the screen was open, only close when I went to sleep. It went out a couple of time but came back in, never seen one doing that.

Even one day it took a flight inside and landed on me, so I went to work with it on my arm. I am a truck driver, it could got out anytime but no It came back home with me.

To this day I still wonder what happened.
Very interesting story, and sounds like a once in a lifetime mantis there. That's awesome that it even left with you to work and came back, and did the same with the window for a week. :D

I imagine it was time to breed and had to track down a mate (as it was an adult, but I can't determine the sex from the photo). Was this something recent? If so perhaps it may return once it's task is finished. Heck, I like the story more than the photo, but it is good to see what it looked like. ;)

Very interesting story, and sounds like a once in a lifetime mantis there. That's awesome that it even left with you to work and came back, and did the same with the window for a week. :D

I imagine it was time to breed and had to track down a mate (as it was an adult, but I can't determine the sex from the photo). Was this something recent? If so perhaps it may return once it's task is finished. Heck, I like the story more than the photo, but it is good to see what it looked like. ;)
Awesome story! I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to take that little guy into my home permanently after that experience. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I really enjoy that experience, I might not be as good as you with mantis but the way it fly around the house, I think it was a male.

I keep my window open just in case it come back, but I doubt it as summer season is at its end here, they sadly don't live for a year here, at first frosty night they all die.

Awesome story! I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to take that little guy into my home permanently after that experience. ;)
I would have had a hard time resisting too, but as a insect photographer I've learn not to keep any wild insect more than 24 hrs.

Here check out my mantis picture collection and other insect.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LucBouffardLucky-Luc

Latest posts