do u feed the flys inside your net cage.?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
my net cages for my idolomantids..if i throw 5 flys in there,and he or she only eats 2 or 3 the other 2 flys left after a few days die.im gueesing its because the flys need food and water..So i was wondering what do u guys do about this..do u just let the other flys die then throw more in or do u put some fly food in the corner of the net cage so the flies last longer?

Last edited by a moderator:
A jar lid with a piece of bread soaked in honey water down in a bottom corner shouldnt affect the mantids one bit... that would provide the flies with everything they need.

A jar lid with a piece of bread soaked in honey water down in a bottom corner shouldnt affect the mantids one bit... that would provide the flies with everything they need.
thanks darkspeed..i thought so i just needed to be sure..il go do that now

I take back what I said. I read it fast and thought you were asking if I fed the mantids flies while in net cages. In that case I do however I DO NOT feed the flies that are in the cage. I feed enough that they will be consumed quickly.

Latest posts