Do you name your mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first mantids- (african) had names :)

They were Hook (one leg shorter), Stripe (striped back as a larvae), BlackEye (with a black eye) and males, Green (just green...) and Lazy (doing nothing at all as an adult...) :)

No I have names for my male dessicata's: Demon (his almost black!), Torro (his antenas are funny horns-like shaped). Females have no special features so they are just "nightmares" :)

What cool names people have come up with! Mine is called Henry because thats what my sister named him, I dont think there was any logic behind it!

I've only named one of my H. Grandis as of now. She's an L5 and my biggest mantid. She lost a leg in her first molt so I named her Alice after the 3 legged dog on the cover of Alice in Chains' self titled. It's grown back now, but she's definitely my favorite.

i named one of my africans Dumpo,because everytime i picked her up she took a dump on my hand :wink:

Mine are called "Nacho Libre" and "Lightening McQueen" My kids and their love of movies played a big part in naming them! It is funny how once you have named something you become more attached to it!

Latest posts