Does anyone like to grow mushrooms?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mantid

Reaction score
Haven't grown any before but I think I would like to start growing shiitaki mushrooms. Anyone else ventured in the mushroom realm?

Years ago, I knew someone who grew a few different varieties of them. He said it was hard to get it right, and he didn't do it for long. I also lived around the corner from a mushroom farm. It smelled really bad, especially when getting stuck in the school zone traffic from the school across the street. There might be some kits available that make it easy to grow them.

I've always wanted to grow some, but was a little complicated and expensive. I really wanted the glow in the dark kind, but i read that the glow is very faint and not very impressive.

I've always wanted to grow some, but was a little complicated and expensive. I really wanted the glow in the dark kind, but i read that the glow is very faint and not very impressive.
What???! There are mushrooms that can glow? The fact that there are plants that glow, however faint, is kind of impressive in itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
What???! There are mushrooms that can glow? The fact that there are plants that glow, however faint, is kind of impressive in itself!
Yeah, pretty neat, several types of mushrooms glow.

http-inlinethumb40.webshots.com-42151-2383523360103830173S600x600Q85.preview.jpg

I have grown several kinds of mushrooms. Right now there's a sad, neglected grow of oysters here lol. The easiest way to grow shiitake is outside on logs, pegged with dowels that already have mycelium growing in them, but I've also grown them on bags of sawdust. And yes, lots of people will assume you mean the hallucinogenic ones whenever you mention them lol

Latest posts